Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Spread of Information

For as long as I can remember I have had certain interests.  I think we all have those things, those interests that are just kind of bred into us.  Nature, in general has always been of interest to me.  I prefer to paint things found in nature, I prefer to take landscape photos.  In the second year of my latest venture, I am becoming a self taught gardener.  I have always been fascinated with using natural items for different values other than cooking, or looking at.  This weekend I am getting my first lesson in making soaps with essential oils and natural ingredients.  I have never been much of a hippie, but these things have just always interested me.  Then the thought occurred to me that I am just a homesteader.  Like many women before me, I do not work outside the home, so I find natural and inexpensive ways to solve problems and enhance life within the home. 

I have accumulated quite a bit of knowledge over the years, so I figured with the recent mainstream popularity of homesteading, I could create yet another blog in the internet universe with all those handy little tips that make me look like some kind of apocalyptic 2013 version of Donna Reed.  But the internet needs one of those like it needs another cat picture.  So what's my twist?  I'm not some kind of survivalist out to tell you how to keep your hair clean and shiny during the end of the world. I'm not some super hippie who utilizes every inch of my yard for everything from sustainable food sources to big stinky compost piles.  I am your average American stay at home mom who likes to learn stuff.  My information is simple, cheap, and realistic.  I hope you enjoy it and find something useful during your visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment