Monday, June 3, 2013

Trap Cockroaches by Getting Them Drunk!

I know here up north, roaches are not as big of a problem than they are in the south.  I (thank goodness) have only had the displeasure of living with roaches once in my life, but that was enough for me to have sympathy for anyone who has the misfortune of battling for living space with this dirty and resilient pest. 
Here's a way to trap them that I heard from a friend recently that I figured I would share here:

Ingredients:
A couple of pieces of bread
Beer
A coffee can or other container with a lid

All you do is take the bread and put it in the can.  Pour enough beer in there just to get the bread wet.  The roaches will go after the bread, get drunk and either die from alcohol exposure or become incapacitated enough not to be able to get out of the can.  So check this trap frequently.  Once you have caught the roaches put the top back on the container and dispose of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment