Sunday, August 4, 2013

Home Made Fabric Refresher/Air Freshener

I recently found this recipe and I am in LOVE with it!  With pets, kids, etc. I find myself having to "refresh" my furniture often.  I have always used Febreeze or some kind of similar product for this purpose, but you can make your own fabric refresher that smells better and works better than any store bought product that I have ever tried.  Here's what you need:

A spray bottle
Essential oil (any scent you like)- 20-30 drops according to preference
Distilled water- 10 oz
Vodka- 2oz

Yes, vodka...

At first glance you might think that this recipe would make your furniture smell like it came from the local bar, but you can not smell the vodka at all when it's all done!  And the essential oil lasts much longer than any commercial product.

Simply take the ingredients, put the in the spray bottle and shake.  The vodka will cause the ingredients to stay mixed together, however you can choose to omit the vodka.  Doing so will cause the ingredients to separate. After all, essential oil and water don't mix just like any other oil.  But without the vodka you just have to make sure you shake the bottle well before you spray.  I do not recommend substituting rubbing alcohol for the vodka.  It will leave that funky alcohol smell that you would expect from the vodka.  The alcohol in the vodka also helps the solution to dry faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment