Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lemon Fresh Fleas

Recently I saw an article about flea control. Unfortunately this year my home has had it's first outright flea attack and as anyone who has dealt with this knows, it is very difficult to eradicate the problem once it has taken hold.  I am always searching for ways to combat things like this while using as few harmful chemicals as possible, and most mainstream flea control products contain large amounts of potentially dangerous chemicals.  So I tried a supposed solution which called for citrus, and claimed that the citrus would instantly kill fleas.
So I took some lemon rind and I infused it in some water.  I concentrated the citrus oil and used it on my dog.  It did nothing.  It did not kill the fleas.  It did not repel the fleas.  All it did was make my dog smell lemony fresh. 

Perhaps I infused the citrus incorrectly.  Perhaps I applied it to the dog incorrectly, but whatever the case, this solution was proven to be ineffective.

If you have an experience that is different, or if you have your own homeopathic flea remedy please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment